Sister Tongue Spanish Salon
Lengua Hermosa Salon de Espanol
Playreading/Lectura Dramatizada of "Bodas de Sangre" by Federico Garcia Lorca
- Sunday, June 22 at 3:00 p.m. in Berkeley
- domingo, 22 de junio, a las cinco.
- Bringing together native and novice Spanish speakers
- Blood and Grudge!
El Novio (the Bridegroom):
La Novia (The Bride): Wendi Olson
The Neighbor (Vecina):
|Three Woodcutters (Lenadores)
Two Young Men (Mozos 1,2)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Obtain a copy of "Bodas de Sangre" ("Blood Wedding") and read through/familiarize (if you are only fluent in English, read the English version first). This is a reading--no memorization required!
- Request and then commit to a part
- Bring food or drink for eating scenes like the wedding (grape/wine theme; fingerfood)
PROPS & COSTUMES
- Come in costume and bring iconic props. We are creating the play live.
- There is poetry, dance, and instrumentation in Bodas.
- A small audience by invitation of the cast is welcome.
ABOUT SOME OF THE CHARACTERS
- La Mujer: Emo, sulky, singer
- La Suegra: Must sing!
- Maid/Criada: Dramatic, passionate
- La Muerte: Always whines