Responses that don't work:
TELL ME WHAT TO DO
"Would you like to come over to the garden to do yoga?"
"Sorry, I can't, but you should still do it."
Requests that make sense: What can I do right now?
hopeless: I feel hopeless when I feel I have no influence over the characters in my reality--when it feels there are no solutions
NVC is not about expecting others to conform to the rules of communication. It's about how I...
- with empathy, hearing feelings and needs only
- to others and myelf
- not taking anything personally
- not hearing blame/criticism
- not hearing "untrue" stories
- not getting hurt or angry
- observing only, and not evaluating
- not creating stories that do not support me having a more wonderful life
- asking for clarification (from a "clean" place) and not making assumptions
LIVE MY LIFE WITH MY VALUES INTACT:
- no commute
- no processed foods
- no TV
- no dishonesty